Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Overcharge on my Telstra Bill

Answered

I changed from a Home Internet package to an NBN package recently and both bundles included calls.  During the change over we lost all services - internet, home phone and medical alert for over 24 hours.  Now Telstra have the check to charge additional charges under my old bundle for calls and under my new bundle calls to 1300 numbers which should be included.

It impossible to get in contact with anyone at Telstra - we have tried for about two weeks now, many different methods to have our questions answered - but to no avail.  Telstra need to stop using COVID-19 for their lack of communication. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Overcharge on my Telstra Bill

Thank you for the response.  I have tried all of your suggestions, but to no avail so far. I have been trying for 20 days so far.  I do totally understand the current situation that we are all trying to deal with. Unfortunately, the move from Telstra ADSL to Telstra NBN was an absolute nightmare, whereby we had no home phone, internet and thereby a no working medical alarm for over 24 hours and now to add more insult, I'm being overcharged.

Unfortunately, the Telstra online help is of no help whatsoever.

Thanks again, 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Margridd

Thank you for your post and my apologies for any delays getting assistance. 

No one on CrowdSupport has access to accounts to investigate billing enquiries. 

The best way to get in touch right now is via the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App (blue chat icon, bottom right corner) 

Messages sent via the My Telstra app are being recieved and being responded to in order of urgency, as you have noted there are delays due to the impact of COVID-19. 

If you haven't already please send a message via the My Telstra App and one of the consultants will be in touch. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thank you for the response.  I have tried all of your suggestions, but to no avail so far. I have been trying for 20 days so far.  I do totally understand the current situation that we are all trying to deal with. Unfortunately, the move from Telstra ADSL to Telstra NBN was an absolute nightmare, whereby we had no home phone, internet and thereby a no working medical alarm for over 24 hours and now to add more insult, I'm being overcharged.

Unfortunately, the Telstra online help is of no help whatsoever.

Thanks again, 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi 

I have the exact same  problem with being over charged , telstra support app states I was to receive a credit on my next bill , I did not receive a credit and I’m still being charged for both my old internet bundle and my new one as shows on my next bill , I tried the telstra support app again and again was just told a credit would be applied to my next bill , not good enough , you have stolen $300 from me so far and in a time when I can not disconnect because my child needs internet fir school 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Pretty much going to contact fair trade as this is ridiculous that you can not speak to someone who is taking an amount of  money with out your permission 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Shezshoe

Thank you for your post and my apologies for any delays getting assistance. 
Unfortunately, no one on CrowdSupport has access to accounts to assist with billing enquiries.

The best way to get in touch right now is via the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App (blue chat icon, bottom right corner) 

Please ensure you have updated to the new My Telstra App as this functions differently to the previous Telstra 24x7 app.
Messages sent via the My Telstra app are being recieved and being responded to in order of urgency, there is a delay due to the impact of COVID-19 on our support teams. 

If you haven't already please send a message via the My Telstra App and one of the consultants will be in touch. 

If you have already been in touch and advised of a resolution, and this resolution does not reflect on your next bill, you will need to raise a complaint. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit