jbgood
Level 1: Cadet

Re: I need a APN Address and password from my carrier service, to make my cellular service safer.?

To whom it may concern, how do I get anything out of Telstra...?
For 4 months, I have been asking for replacement SIM cards, with no spouse, happy to take my money though. So my next Question, If Telstra, refuses to send 3 SIM cards in the mail, by secure post. Then may I have my APN Details for my account please, to prevent anymore hacking....Please..?
Regards

Scott, 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Dowser
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Re: I need a APN Address and password from my carrier service, to make my cellular service safer.?

The Access Point Name (APN) for Telstra can vary depending on the type of phone that you have.

Most of the time the phone will automatically configure the APN after you put in a Telstra SIM card.

Why do you feel that you need 3 replacement SIM cards?.  These can usually be obtained at a Telstra store if you take photo identification.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I'm not sure what you mean by APN Details? The APN is the connection point that a mobile device uses to connect to the network (eg telstra.internet, telstra.wap, telstra.iph), there are no end user details for that (ie username or password). Access is determined by your account, which is tied to the SIM serial number.

What hacking do you believe has been happening? Hacking usually happens at the device (ie phone, hotspot) level, not the account level.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit