Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Removing Son from Account

Answered

I need to take my son off my bill I have paid his plan off , he wants to update his phone to the iPhone 12 and pay his own bill . He needs to have the bill in his name 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Removing Son from Account

Why am I paying the same amount when his plan finished in June ?? Thats seems unreasonable 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You will need to fill out a transfer of ownership form and take it in-store to be processed to get the service transferred to him.

Note: a credit check will be undertaken when he signs up, so he will need to have proof of income available just in case he is queried. When the form is presented in-store, he will also need to present 100 points of ID (drivers licence/passport, medicare card, bill/statement with his name and address)

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/account-payment/give-ownership-of-account-to-someone

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Why am I paying the same amount when his plan finished in June ?? Thats seems unreasonable 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

How did you go with this? I dropped a form into a Telstra store in January to get the same thing done, went back in May and they told me hadn't been completed because of Covid, still waiting for it to happen 10 months later. Amazingly I still receive my Telstra bills every month? 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit