KRIS231
Level 2: Rookie

Retaining email address after switching providers

Answered

Has anyone had any luck with being able to retain their @bigpond.com email address after changing providers? I have conflicting information about being able to pay a fee to retain it but cannot actually find this on any telstra pages. TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Retaining email address after switching providers

You can keep the address free of charge for first 12 months and untill recently you could keep ithe email addres after the first 12 months for a fee of $79. The option to keep the email address longer than 12 months is no longer available.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/faq/can-i-keep-my-telstra-email-address-if-i-close...

"To keep your Telstra email address:

Just tell us when you close your account. 

You can keep your Telstra email address for free for the first 12 months after you close your account, after that it will no longer be available."

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Accepted Solution

You can keep the address free of charge for first 12 months and untill recently you could keep ithe email addres after the first 12 months for a fee of $79. The option to keep the email address longer than 12 months is no longer available.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/faq/can-i-keep-my-telstra-email-address-if-i-close...

"To keep your Telstra email address:

Just tell us when you close your account. 

You can keep your Telstra email address for free for the first 12 months after you close your account, after that it will no longer be available."

View solution in original post

KRIS231

That is massively inconvenient.

Thanks cf4!

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Why don't you get a free-standing gmail email address and use the 12 months to redirect. One inconvenience would set  you up for the longer term, so you were no longer provider reliant.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
KRIS231

Yep, i had already started that this morning in anticipation of this answer.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit