TellyBelly91
Level 1: Cadet

Ringtone length

I Used the Code **61*101** (90) #. to update ringtone to 90 seconds on my phone works fine for a few years My wife recently transferred over to Telstra almost 12 months ago and when she uses the code.

**61*101** 60 or 90 #. around a month later the phone somehow resets its self to 15 second ring time I dont know how some people can even answer there phone is 15 seconds. There is no other option in the Telstra message bank to Extend the ringtone all there sites say use the above code.
is there any reason anyone could think of for why it randomly resets its self to 15 seconds? . I have tried talking to there Support Staff and all they are doing is reading off a script and not helping

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Ringtone length

@TellyBelly91 wrote:

I Used the Code **61*101** (90) #. to update ringtone to 90 seconds on my phone works fine for a few years My wife recently transferred over to Telstra almost 12 months ago and when she uses the code.

**61*101** 60 or 90 #. around a month later the phone somehow resets its self to 15 second ring time I dont know how some people can even answer there phone is 15 seconds. There is no other option in the Telstra message bank to Extend the ringtone all there sites say use the above code.
is there any reason anyone could think of for why it randomly resets its self to 15 seconds? . I have tried talking to there Support Staff and all they are doing is reading off a script and not helping

Hi @TellyBelly91 

I think the maximum time is 30 seconds with the default of 15 seconds.

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
SteveW_52

Maximum ring time is 60 secs, but I'd suggest to try 55..

You can also do it from your My Account page  https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home  in a browser

Under you phone number, click on Manage plan and allowances

Then at Add Ons click on the Manage button..  then look at the options under Forwarding

(Note: that doesn't seem to be working this morning - Proxy Error! - Correction: It works in Chrome)

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Ozmoz

Hey @DanK , looks like this page needs updating if what @SteveW_52 is saying is correct?

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/mobiles-tablets/how-to-extend-the-ring-time-on-your-mobile/ta... 

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
SteveW_52

I checked this again yesterday..  I had previously set ring time to 60 seconds, which was showing in the text box when I opened the Forwarding page..  but I tried to change it to something higher which failed and I got a prompt indicating maximum ring time was 55 seconds..  I couldn't go back to the original 60, so ended up with 55.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @Ozmoz,

Everywhere you read online it shows that 30 is the longest ring time to set.

Even the in-store Telstra Employees have recently (4 week's ago) told me that 30 seconds is the longest. 

I did notice @DanK something else in the link @Ozmoz posted that needs editing. 

In the link it shows to remove all call forwarding dial ##004#, but the code should show ##002#.

An in-store Telstra Employee gave me this code 4 week's ago to use on my Mum's mobile phone to cancel her MessageBank.

I dialled ##002# and it did cancel her MessageBank.

You'll also see that code in the below link. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/messagebank-call-forwarding-ring-time

"How do I prevent or resume call forwarding to my MessageBank®?

If you’d like to prevent calls from forwarding to MessageBank® follow these steps:

1.  Dial ##002# from your Telstra mobile
  2. Press Call/Send
  3. You’ll get a notification about Call Forwarding being disabled
  4. Press Ok/Dismiss"
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
SteveW_52

For a home phone..  

Stevo 52
Ozmoz

@SteveW_52 wrote:

I checked this again yesterday..  I had previously set ring time to 60 seconds, which was showing in the text box when I opened the Forwarding page..  but I tried to change it to something higher which failed and I got a prompt indicating maximum ring time was 55 seconds..  I couldn't go back to the original 60, so ended up with 55.

Hi @SteveW_52 

Thank you for testing it. I am no longer with Telstra mobile so couldn't check it myself.

SteveW_52

That was for a home phone..

Stevo 52
Smiley3

Hi @TellyBelly91,

Can you please clarify for all of us replying in this thread if you're trying to extend the ring time on a mobile phone or a home phone. 

As the codes you have posted are for extending the ring time on a mobile phone @Ozmoz and myself are presuming you're referring to a mobile phone....not a home phone as @SteveW_52 thinks you are referring to. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
SteveW_52

I tried my mobile keypad as well  

**61*101**55# worked..  well I got the registration was successful message.. and it rang for 55 seconds..

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit