Atticus2020
Level 1: Cadet

Separating accounts

My partner and I have recently split up but have had both of our mobiles and Apple watches under the same account. Is the only way to separate these into two different accounts/bills to go in store? Just seems really painful to have to explain to someone. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Separating accounts

The account owner would have to complete and sign a Change of Ownership or Transfer of Lease form.

You can find information at https://www.telstra.com.au/support/account-payment/give-ownership-of-account-to-someone including a printable copy of the form, which has to be returned to Telstra.

I’m near a Telstra store, so I will ask if it can be mailed in.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Fill in the Change of Ownership form and return it to Telstra (instructions are on the form):

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/my-account/pdf/chown-consumer-form.pdf

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser

I checked at the store, and they said that it can be submitted electronically.

I noticed that @Jupiter kindly provided a direct link to the form, and it contains instructions on how to submit the form via email, or Fax, or returning it to a Telstra Store.

Note: the form does state

• If this request includes a mobile service only and the New Owner has been a Telstra customer for less than 12 months (businesses) or less than 6 months (personal), you must submit this form to your local Telstra store for processing.
Atticus2020
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you I appreciate it 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit