KezzaL
Level 1: Cadet

Shifting home, bundle problems and billing

I requested moving my bundle from O'sullivan  Beach, SA, to Bendigo, Vic. and was given the 21st of December 2017. No technician visit needed.  
Well, OK, that's fine. Ha! A phone call the day before to tell me technical difficulties prevented  that time and date, but "it will be done between Christmas and New year".  I accepted that.  Ha again. That period comes and goes  and nothing happens. I look on "My Account" and that now tells me the 8th of January. I am a bit annoyed at this stage  but have to accept that. Then a phone call telling me "technical difficuties" prevent that date and the new date is the 18th of January. I am also told a technician will now need to visit. Yes, it was done, took him all of 5 minutes.  O'sullivan Beach will be disconnected on the 18th. Why not a month ago when I requested it? Am I expected to be using the O'sullivan connection when I am 700 km away in Bendigo??  Oh, and "there is a delay with the supply of the modem."  What? I brought my NBN modem with me to Bendigo a MONTH ago! I do not need another!  Lo and behold, on the 23rd of January a parcel turns up. That contained  a cord to connect a phone to an ADSL line filter!?  And up to this point I had not been notified of my land line number. I had to access the gateway to find that.

So NOW, after all that, I have my bill for the month. Telstra have the audacity to bill me for the bundle for the month I had no service because of their "technical difficulties" !!  

I am attempting to contact Billing but of course "it is an extremely busy time and there will be a significant delay in being answered".  
Angry? Annoyed? You bet! 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Shifting home, bundle problems and billing

Hi KezzaL, 

Very sorry to hear of he troubles with the move and getting up and running. 

Our Billing team can help credit for the period you have not been able to use the service. 

If you are yet to get through over the phone, they can be reached any time via secure Live Chat here:  http://tel.st/hsc3

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

KezzaL
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Shifting home, bundle problems and billing

I got on to billing this AM and spoke to a very pleasant and helpful lady. I was credited with the months rental so all is well!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit