WaffleKnight
Level 2: Rookie

Sorry, something went wrong

Answered

So, I was trying to get a data plan for my phone, simple thing all things considered. I had to create a Telstra profile to do so, everything was going going smooth until I started putting in my details. I was just about finished with them all when the page refreshed itself and started displaying the 'Sorry, something went wrong' (no error code so I have no idea what happened, good job Telstra) with a little refresh screen button. I hit it, it loads a bit, then I get 'Sorry we are unable to resolve the issue. Sorry something went wrong loading your page, please wait a few minutes before attempting again) except waiting a few minutes doesn't change anything, I can't access my newly created account to do anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WaffleKnight
Accepted Solution

Re: Sorry, something went wrong

Telstra account an I.D refuse to go past the sign in stage, the app refuses to install. Don't sweat it though, if telstra's making it this hard to take my money then they just won't get it, simple as. Thanks for helping though, appreciate it.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Did you actually finish creating the new account or did it bomb out before the final details were submitted?

Were you doing this on a phone via the app, or in a browser on a PC?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
WaffleKnight

I did create an account, I'd done the I.D registration and it won't allow another account with the same email and I did this on PC

SteveW_52

Is the phone PrePaid or Post Paid?

Did you have a Telstra ID and account previously? Did that work? Is the service you are upgrading exist on that account?

Can you open that account still?

Have you tried opening up the Telstra account using the ID you just created?

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

There might not be anything attached to the account at this stage but if the account itself works, that is good..  

If you can confirm the above, the next step might be to add your service to the account - you might be able to do that online, or at worst contact support by phone 132200 or use the My Telstra app, Get Help blue chat icon.. icon..

Stevo 52
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

A Telstra account is identified by a unique number. It can have one or more Telstra services attached to it.

A Telstra ID is identified by a unique email address. It too can have one or more Telstra services attached to it.

WaffleKnight

The link you used is the one I've been trying, spits the same error at me, it was partially working earlier, managed to pull up the 2 factor identification, but it went through email and not sms so I don't think it's linked, and I've only ever used prepaid for this phone so there shouldn't be any conflicts with different plans.

SteveW_52

Thanks for the update..  just trying to get a clear picture of the situation.

Did you have a Telstra account and User ID previously, that worked? If so, does that work now?

Did you create a new Telstra Account or a new Telstra ID (they are different things - see the post from @Dowser )

Also, do you have the My Telstra app on your phone, if so have you tried logging on there?

Stevo 52
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi WaffleKnight. How did you go trying to log in? Were you able to reply to the questions SteveW_52 asked? How did you go with trying to log in via the app?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

WaffleKnight
Accepted Solution

Telstra account an I.D refuse to go past the sign in stage, the app refuses to install. Don't sweat it though, if telstra's making it this hard to take my money then they just won't get it, simple as. Thanks for helping though, appreciate it.

View solution in original post

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks WaffleKnight. That's frustrating. 

In that case I would recommend that you please lodge a fault with our My Telstra App/My Account support team here https://tel.st/6fsker. They will follow up with you so we can get this working again. I used them myself earlier this year, they will get in touch with you directly via email and were very helpful when getting my issue sorted out, I am sure that they will be able to get you up and running. 

Let me know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit