ipugsley
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra 24 x 7 MyAccount "There was an error retrieving your details. Please try again later"

What condition causes the error message

"There was an error retrieving your details. Please try again later"?

and what have I done wrong to cause this message?

and what does "later" mean?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra 24 x 7 MyAccount "There was an error retrieving your details. Please try again late

Hey @ipugsley,

It could be many things.  The links to your account may not be working (most common) or it may be flat out busy, or undergoing maintenance.

It's a general "catch-all" error message.

You haven't done anything wrong.

It doesn't just happen on Telstra, surely you have seen such errors on other sites/apps? 

I usually give it another half hour, but hard to predict when "later" is effective.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

ipugsley
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Telstra 24 x 7 MyAccount "There was an error retrieving your details. Please try again late

Yes, it does seem to be a "catch-all".  Mostly it seems to be just the time of day that causes this error message to come up - most frequently between 2am and 6am each morning. But it's good to know it's nothing wrong I've done (except going to the site too early in the day).

When I was at the recent Telstra AGM I asked at the help desk about this error and they told me it was because I was using Firefox and she told me I should use another browser, but that didn't help - the error message comes up just as often using Chrome.  It is very frustrating.  But thank you for your encouragement.  I'll keep trying.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit