weemoo
Level 1: Cadet

telstra account was hacked

My telstra email and account was hacked and the hacker put their own email address as a backup. I need to remove their email address from my account but when I try it takes me to a different page and won't let me do it. If I change the password (over the phone to Telstra) the hacker just changes it back

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: telstra account was hacked

You can change the email address associated with your account using the My Telstra app.

Click on the person icon at top right - Manage your profile - Account settings -Personal details

Email address- Update 

You can obtain a verification code by SMS.

Once you have changed the email address you can change your password.

weemoo
Level 1: Cadet

It won't let me change it- the hackers have somehow linked their address and even the telstra techs can't get rid of it. They've sent it off to the cyber crime team in australia but I won't hear from them for 24-48 hours so who knows what the hackers will do between now and then.

Dowser

Did you attempt the method that I described?.

laurenyvonne
Support Team
Support Team

This is a serious situation and something that would be best discussed directly with a Telstra support team, it would be beneficial if you could get in contact with them through this link here

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit