FredZmith
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Bill

Hi,

I have been with Telstra for many years.

In fact, when I first have a phone it was call the PMG, that is Post Master General.

In all the years since, I have received many phone accounts, or bills.

But never, ever, has it taken so long for for an account to be rendered as it does for Telstra to finalise my monthly bill ! !

My billing period ends on the 1st of the month.

And yet it will take until the 6th, or 7th, and even the 8th for my bill to finalised and my account set to record the details.

Other business complete this sort of process within hours.

Why not Telstra ?

So big !   So powerfull !  Such a monopoly !

Maybe that's the reason . . . . . .

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra Bill

My billing period ends on the 1st of the month.

And yet it will take until the 6th, or 7th, and even the 8th for my bill to finalised and my account set to record the details.

You're only talking four clear business days there (based on what you wrote, and not how long Telstra's billing process design specified – I don't have inside information on the latter and I'm not going to look for it), including up to 48 hours for recorded data usage to be collected from the network, collated, and rated (i.e. classified as either billable or unmetered), and possibly roaming usage reports to come in from partner service providers.

What's so daunting about that?

Other business complete this sort of process within hours.

OK, I'll bite. How long do Optus and Vodafone take, in your experience and/or from your observations, since they would be “other business[es]” that are most comparable?

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

A lot of businesses only issue invoices at the end of the week/month. (They don't have time to do them every day).

My Electricity bill is issued within 8 to ... (when I notice it hasn't been issued and ring them to get me to send it) days after the projected meter read date (which is a 4 day period).

My gas bill is issued approximately a week after the period end date.

My Telstra Bill arrives approximately 8 days after the period end date.

My Water Bill arrives 2 weeks after the period end date.

Pretty consistent with other service providers.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
FredZmith

OK, have a look at on-line banking. That's instantagous !

And even when they did it in mechanicle ledger machines, you could get your balance the next day by phoning the bank.

FredZmith

My electricity meter is read, manually, one day, then about two days, at most three days, later I get the bill in my Aust Post letter box.  I may not be right to the exact day here, it's not a debate just to win points. What I want to say is the difference between my electricity bill and my Telstra bundle is like chalk and cheese.

Prior to changing to Telstra for an internet bundle I was with Telstra hone phone and with Internode for internet.

From Memory, internode were about one day with there invoice and even before the invoice you could look up your account balance, and I think that was on the same day.

Thanks for your responses.  You have taken up the issue raised. Whilst I don't think I agree with you,  at least I know you are there. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit