Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra OneDrive redeem offer 200GB Technical Glitch

Hi, Attemped to redeem the OneDrive 200GB for free offer and I get this error: "Microsoft was unable to set up your OneDrive bonus storage at this time. This may be due to a technical glitch so please try again." Clicked the 'Try Again Button' and recieved the same message. Waited 24 hours and tried again and again. - same technical glitch message. It has been a few days and I keep getting the same error message. Is the system offline? Where do I go from here?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra OneDrive redeem offer 200GB Technical Glitch

Hi Meiyi. Please speak to Microsoft Onedrive support for troubleshooting and next steps - https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/manage/storage-and-using-onedrive-cloud

Let us know how you get on, as I'd like to know you're up and running - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Matthew,

I have tried that but have not gotten any outcome. Spoke to someone on Livechat yesterday as well and he could not get a result for me either so this has been escalated. I am hoping that this can be resolved asap.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I am having the exact same issue.  Been trying for 3 days now.

Have called Telstra, they say it is a Microsoft issue although barely even knew what this service offering was.  Have spoken with Microsoft twice and they say it is a Telstra Issue.

Have tried various browsers on 2 different computers.

My default OneDrive (5GB) storage already is working so can't see how this is an issue with my Microsoft account.

Perhaps if someone from Telstra on a level 2 or 3 team tested this and worked out what the issue is with someone from Microsoft rather than both organisations just pointing the blame at each other we would get some decent customer support.

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I have been following up this issue and I can confirm it is working now.

To avoid mistake in claiming the offer into a wrong OneDrive account, please follow these steps

1. Start a "Private Window" or "Incognito Window".
2. Login to onedrive dot com where you want your OneDrive to have this 200GB
3. Login to Telstra.com.au
4. Click this link https://www.telstra.com.au/latest-offers/onedrive
5. Click the Redeem Offer button
6. If you have never authorise Telstra to add storage to your OneDrive, you will be prompt to allow this, click Yes. If you have previously allowed Telstra to add storage to your OneDrive, the process will just go through.
7. Wait for the successful message.
8. Head back to OneDrive and on the bottom left you will see the extra 200GB storage.
9. Native OneDrive app will take awhile until the real quota shows up.

Enjoy
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I'm still having issues accessing this offer after following your step by step guide. 

This is very frustrating as Telstra keep saying its a MS issue and MS say its a telstra issue.  

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jtello87,

We are still looking into this. I hope a suitable solution can be provided soon.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi,
I am having the same issue and I have tried your fix but with no success.
Please let us know what outcome we can get.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I do apologise we are looking into this issue, in the meantime I would suggest speaking to Microsoft Onedrive support for troubleshooting and next steps - https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/manage/storage-and-using-onedrive-cloud - Zoe 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit