Leon50
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra possible identity theft attempt

I received the following message in an email to a personal email address yesterday at 2:21AM. In the email they had the correct first name middle name and surname. I tried contacting live chat but wasn't able to get through to anyone. Is there someone who can assist me? I previously had a Telstra account but don't have one active currently. Just worried someone is trying to set one up in my name. 

Hi (first name & surname), We're writing to let you know that (first name & surname) has recently completed a telstra.com online registration to access your account. This registration provides access to your account details, bills and services in My Account and other Telstra online services. If you have any queries or concerns about this registration, please contact us via Live Chat at livechat.telstra.com/TB:AR:MyAccount:Register

Best Regards, Telstra Online Services Team.

Please note that this email is an automated notification and is unable to receive replies. = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = We'd love to hear your suggestions on improving how we interact with you online - just let us know on our CrowdSupport forum (login required) at telstra.com/ideas Protecting your privacy is important to us. You can view our Privacy Statement at telstra.com/privacy CrowdSupport is a registered trade mark of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit