Karlee92
Level 1: Cadet

Very frustrated client

So I have been on my mother’s account for quite a while (10+ years) so about 2.5 years ago when I upgraded my last phone I decided now is the time to step away from my mother’s account so I upgraded my phone called Telstra and set up my own account with this number. Well what a hassle that was but they managed to do it after I had to go through the complaints team and so on and all was good or so I thought. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago (24/02/21) when I couldn’t access my account so I jumped on the chat and guess what... I HAD NO ACCOUNT. Turns out they only put me on my mums account as a full rights access. So now I’ve spent 3 weeks trying to sort this out being told to go into the shop show my id (which I did) to then being totally ignored for a week hung up on multiple times to now being told I have to go back into a store and present some documents and then while I’m standing in the Telstra store I need to call Telstra ? Go figure right. But I haven’t been given any documents nor do I even know what the documents are.

Be aware before signing up! Telstra has the worst customer service imaginable, unable to complete simple services like an account change and refuse to provide information and you’ll most likely get hung up on. I recommend going direct to another provider.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Very frustrated client

If your mum owns the service (number), you cannot split it off to be under your name without filling out a Change of Ownership form , getting it signed by her and submitting it at a Telstra Store. It can take up to 3 weeks for the form to be processed, but you will then have an account with the number that you have been using.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Karlee92
Level 1: Cadet

I am beyond stumped that after 2.5 years, countless phone calls, text messages and Skype conversations, as well as the Telstra team calling my mum to get her approval (more than once) and this is the very first time that a change of ownership form has ever been mentioned

Jupiter

The calling your mum for approval would just be or you to become an authorised contact on her account. A change of ownership requires written consent. It just sounds like the consultants didn't understand what you were asking for.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit