Hexo
Level 2: Rookie

Why should I keep my account with Telstra?

There is no such thing as customer service with Telstra anymore. I wanted to upgrade my devices and went through the app. I got onto the messenger service where I finally got into contact with a real human. Within a 2 hour period, I had only received 7 messages from her. Fed up, I rang the 132200 number, it sent me a link back into the app. This is so unprofessional Telstra. Your service has changed and so might mine. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Why should I keep my account with Telstra?

Do you want to know more about the devices that are available or do you want to place an order for a new device? If it's the latter, just go to Mobile Phone Plans & Customisable Data from Telstra, select the device you want, enter the details, and it's done.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Hexo

It's a bit more complex than that Jupiter, why I have always spoken to a consultant. On the chat screen, 7 replies in 3 hours isn't really that good enough of a service. 

Jupiter

You would be better off going into a Telstra Store if that's the case. You can book an appointment before you go via https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Find-your-nearest-Telstra-Retail/ct-p/tstore

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Hexo

Due to the reality that there is absolutely no human interaction anymore in regards to customer service or a contactable customer service number, I am now going to cease my time with Telstra. Gold member status or a lengthy good service history with Telstra does not really mean anything anymore to them either. To have a message service answer multiple customers at once is also very scary re personal data and extremely time consuming, thus the 7 replies in 3 hours. It is now a very unprofessional organization.

Volcom23
Level 1: Cadet

I agree with you completely Hexo Telstra service gone to **bleep** and i have been a loyal customer for a long time.

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@Volcom23 wrote:

I agree with you completely Hexo Telstra service gone to **bleep** and I have been a loyal customer for a long time.

By “service”, are you referring to Telstra’s mobile and internet services or perchance its customer support services?.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit