rectitude
Level 2: Rookie

Will BigPond be providing iView for free at any point like other (good) ISP's?

I only came to Telstra because of faster Wireless Broadband but in the aforementioned area BigPond really is lacking since much of the Unmetered content should be a given anyway and the technology itself can support faster streaming even after a data allocation has been exhausted so can this company please get with the times in this regard?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
jokiin
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Will BigPond be providing iView for free at any point like other (good) ISP's?

maybe the reason Telstra have faster wireless broadband is they don't have all this free stuff that people use excessively???
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Observer
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: Will BigPond be providing iView for free at any point like other (good) ISP's?

Telstra will contribute a certain amount of free content as to not overload the network. If to much free stuff is being provided then the network will be come overloaded resulting in poor performace to most users rather then a respectible service to most users. I dont believe that telstra should uncap unmetered usage to allow the services to be used after the allocated amount has been used. Its always the customers responsibility to monitor usage rather then Telstra's. 

If you felt what i have said was helpful, please give a Kudos.

I am employed by Telstra however, my advice and opinion is that of my own and in no way is Telstra responsible for my actions.
rectitude
Level 2: Rookie

I've been using it on iPrimus 3G and it works well but I can tell you as soon as Optus have LTE or HSPA+ I will seek to terminate my contract with telstra because the allowance is pitiful anyway in the context of a faster network so the whole argument against having something such as iView is potentially moot.

To add, 64Kbps is a joke, already other ISP's are offering up to 256 on ADSL and 128Kbps on 3G so this whole notion of the service being better, ie "customer service" is an outdated principle when technical support is already outsource with the only benefit being 24 Hour technical support. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit