Shane742
Level 2: Rookie

Your connection is not private

Help! We’ve got the message 

Your connection is not private

whenever we try to access a website while the wifi is connected. If I disconnect the wifi and use phone data it’s fine, it only has the error with the wifi. Please help! 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Your connection is not private

Could you provide a bit more information.

1. What device is this  message occurring?
  2. Are you connected to the modem's normal WiFi or to a public hot spot such as Telstra Air or phone?

If you are connected to the modem's normal WiFi check that the WiFi security on modem is set to WPA2 PSK and not WPA+ WPA PSK.

Shane742

Hi, connected to regular wifi at home. It’s occurring on all devices; laptop and phones. 

Shane742

It has this message also;
This site uses an outdated security configuration, which may expose your information (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards) when it is sent to this site.

when I turn off wifi and use phone data there are no errors though.

cf4

This is probably the home page of the modem which does not use SSL that is causing the message. Does the message only occur when you first open the browser and disappear when you navigate to another site?

Shane742

No it stays regardless, can’t visit any sites. I have reset the modem and it’s now even recognising the wifi. 

Shane742

Thanks for taking the time to reply 

cf4

There is a fault with your Internet connection and you are being redirected to modem's log in page. You could try turning modem off and then back on and checking all connections. If still no internet contact Telstra support. Easiest way to contact  support is to use the messaging function in the get help section of the My Telstra app.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit