Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Schvenky
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Lumia 950XL & 950: Availability/General Interest

You and a lot of others have given up waiting and / or jumped ship, I'd say.

I very much doubt that they will offer bundles as good as Optus, if they even bother at all offering bundles on this phone. It's not like we matter or anything so don't expect anything by way of compensation.

Hell, don't even expect an apology!

I'm going to stick with my ancient HD7 and wait for another good bundle deal on a newer phone from another provider.

I'm also about to choose my NBN phone & internet provider so it's time to review ALL of my services...

Avoliogs

If Telstra does not do something by March. They will be losing me, indeed. I have been with Telstra since 1998. I have the home, mobile, internet & mobile wifi internet. Have always owned Nokia mobiles. Could never fault them. At present I have a Nokia Lumia 925. I like the look of the Microsoft Lumia 950 & 950XL. I want to stick with Lumia. For I am & alway have been running Windows on all my devices. Desktop PC, Laptop & mobiles.

So!! Telstra if you don't want to loose my business, please consider strongly about the Microsoft Lumia 950 &950XL.

Thank-You

Valued Customer

dropbear42

Gave up waiting and went out and purchased from Harvey Norman on interest free plan. Really not a big difference in price in long run. Also, if you have a child at school, you can purchase direct from MS at 10% off.

LOVING the 950. Amazing hardware and the integration with MS software/services is ALMOST perfect. 

Telstra on the other hand ... as though they're deliberately trying to annoy further, I keep getting prompted to complete setup for Telstra Air, every time i pass a hotspot, but unfortunately Telstra has decided NOT to make it available to business customers. The mind boggles.

So now just waiting for the other carriers to improve their coverage in our area and will be switching.

And NBN is on its way in my area so will soon get rid of the pathetic Telstra Business Broadband.

Nothing lasts forever Smiley Happy

hodgoes2001

well.. telstra has lost me, my wife, my business and 3 other phones...

This was the last straw so to speak..

I know they are finally getting it. but by the time they do i can get other windows phones with better specs

So byw
_G_
Level 3: Gumshoe

Finally, an acknowledgement from Telstra that there might be customers interested in these phones, this whole thread and others like it have highlighted a pretty appalling display of customer service and communications from Telstra.

It would have been great also if the information pages we were advised to subscribe to about the Lumia 950 series had ever actually worked, not one of them has sent me any information at all, I've had to keep coming back to this thread to see anything. Not impressed.

Rui1

Hi Telstra,

Great that you have finally given this community something to look forward to but I do have some further questions

1) Any chance of some further information regarding costs?

2) Also should these costs be made available any chance of a pre-order page? You have one for the Samsung S7 and that phone is not released yet.

3) Will you honour the display port offer from Microsoft, considering that you have ignored the community for some months?

4) If all of the above is just to hard, a nice token of appreciation for the customers patiently waiting would not go astray. 

Harmik
Level 1: Cadet

Ended up getting my 950XL from JB about two weeks agao. Love it have not had any problems or issues but its good to know updates are cumming in thick and fast and Telstra is not blocking them which is great. 

First day I pluged it in there was an update .107 then a firmwere about a week lator and just today I got .164 

Would highly recomend the phone and works great on the Telstra network.

charli27
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Well Yannick 3 weeks to go till April...I hope telstra is still on track to deliver the lumia 950 to its customers or are we going to be let down again.....
colt71

Spoke to Telstra shop yesterday. Still no word on date for availability 😐
charli27

Mmmm come on Yannick enlighten us the shop fronts seem to have no idea so is it still on track for April or do we all go to Optus.....
Hammerfall

I'd call it solved when I can pre-order a 950XL with delivery within 30 days...

jalyst

Yeah should definitely be unmarked as "solved";
Whoever did that 'jumped the gun' way too soon.

charli27

I'd call it solved only when its available in store and online...
pila01

@Yannick wrote:

We know that a number of you have been keen for an update on when we’ll be bringing the Microsoft Lumia 950 and Lumia 950XL to the Telstra mobile network. We’re pleased to confirm that we will be launching the device in our stores in early April. We expect the Lumia 950 will arrive first. We’ll confirm a date as soon as we have it locked in.

Like many others i am frustrated by the delay with the 950.

@Yannick, how is the above the answer to the original question?

Yes, it appears you have answered that Telstra will be stocking/selling it.

BUT
The other part of the question was, when will it be available for Presale?
Even in your statement above it still says "We'll confirm a date as soon as we have it locked in?"

TeamBlackwall

Surely if early April was true, we could at least see some pricing or preorder, oh that's right wouldn't want to interrupt Apple & Samsung phone releases.

aussie_wolf

Sorry to say, after 21 years as a Mobilenet --] Telstra mobile user, I have moved away from the corporation for every service we own. 

I moved my wife's, my daughter's and my own mobile services as Telstra no longer wish to support Windows based devices.

I subsequently went and purchased 2 outright 950Xl phones and a third under Optus contract this week. 

Telstra - you are arrogant, self serving, and have forgotten that you exist to serve your customers, not the other way around. 

I may return at some time, but for the meantime, no.

wpdownunder
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Well. I can now report.....

NBN arrivied today at my address.  SO

- No more locked to Telstra on their sub-exchange which no other carrier could DSLAM.

- No more ADSL2+ congestion and eroding performance from Telstra.

- No more crappy service.

- No more terrible mobile coverage blackspot from T in my home.

- Hello (soon) to more value for less $.

- Hello (soon) to better customer service.

- Hello (soon) to NBN FTTP with bundle value to crap over Telstra.

- Hello (soon) to Mobile Data x4 times per month my Telstra BYO at 50% the cost.

- Hello (soon) to (I hope) improved cover in my home for Optus mobile (tbc).

Yep. Switched more than $2,500 annual business away from Telstra today after almost a decade.

Feels good so far. Put this business loss down to Andrew Volard.

Will report back here on progress.

Sheeds.

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Windows 8 and Surface fan! FORMER Telstra Customer (adios lol).

If you like my Microsoft (WP/Win8) posts here, consider Kudos+1

Check me out on Twitter - WP_DownUnder - I don't come around here no more.
Sebbs
Level 4: Private Eye

You need to update your sig now Sheeds...

@wpdownunder wrote:

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Windows 8 and Surface fan! ex-Telstra Customer.
Blogger (click my profile for a link to my Windows Phone/MS site)

Given how accurate previous rough dates Telstra have given us regarding the phones were, I hold very little hope that stores will have them come April. What a con the "new phone feeling" package has been.

wpdownunder

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  Smiley Very Happy

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

http://www.adnews.com.au/news/telstra-hires-nokia-s-burning-man

Elop has joined Telstra.

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Windows 8 and Surface fan! FORMER Telstra Customer (adios lol).

jalyst

Oh dear, if one knows that mans career trajectory, he has so often been the harbinger of death, EVEN BEFORE the Elopolypse. Hmm, I wonder what this says for T$.
Sebbs

How do they.. I don't even...

They hire a former Nokia CEO and Microsoft exec while simultaneously seeming to ignore the latest phones from those companies.

Someone's having a laugh, right?
AdamD

Hi Telco_Whisperer, Telstra will not be stocking the dual SIM version of this phone. They have never stocked dual SIM phones and it's extremely unlikely they will in the future. If you are wanting to purchase the dual SIM version, you will have to purchase a grey imported product such as one soon to be stocked by expansys

charli27

Oh look they employed Elop for his sence of customer satisfaction...well hopefully then at lest someone at telstra might work out what a customer is......☺and finally answer the question raised by the original post that started this thread
colt71

Went to Telstra store again today.......... they still know nothink!
yarras

good news...just got message from my telstra business manager that the microsft 950 phone will be available end of March and he will hand deliver one to me.

Webicex

Lucky you.

I am still holding on and waiting to hear news about Telstra releasing the Lumia 950 XL.

I've already bought a case, earphones and micro SD card... Just waiting on the handset.

Really annoyed that it's taken this long.

jalyst

Dude, why don't you just leave them, you shouldn't be rewarding them for this whole debacle...

I'm very happily an Optus customer now for one of our handsets, another will be going soon (they had it grandfathered in a ridiculously expensive plan that we didn't even know about until recently, as it's in a separate account), most likely to pre-paid Optus/Amaysim/Vaya, & a 3rd one is still on contact & will go as soon as it's worthwhile breaking.

A 4th one that was originally meant to be a data-sim only (used as a backup when cable internet goes down) was at some point changed to a much more expensive post-paid plan, & I haven't yet decided what we'll do with it.

Reception/performance in the area we use our phones the most is worse with TS than Optus, sure on average it'll be better with TS, but for the areas we most frequent, we've had far more flakiness over the last 6mth with TS.

Then we have our land-line, cable TV, & cable internet, haven't decided what we'll do there, we may yet stay with them for that, more research to be done.

SamC1

I find it amazing that the Samsung S7 Edge has just been released and is already available and incorporated into the Telstra mobile line-up while we still wait some 5 months after the Microsoft launch of the Lunia 950 and 950XL.  I ask again, who is kiding who ...... Everyone that has purchased these units and connected to Telstra have all indicated that they work flawlessly yet we keep being fed garbage that there are techical issues requiring testing before Telstra releases these phones. When will Telstra tell its "customers" the truth about their dealings with various product suppliers??

charli27

Samc1...oh you make me laugh...telstra tell the truth...they won't tell anyone the truth on the 950 and by the time telstra release it the technology will be outdated...as for the truth they won't even tell you or me why most of their network failed yesterday people with out service from Tasmania to northern Queensland...oh human error yer right telstra and the truth....
the_squid

fingers crossed its not just business getting them end of march

Sebbs

That would be icing on the cake now wouldn't it? They finally get the phones in, and they limit availability to business customers only.
markymark0055

Hi Yannick,

The Lumia 950/950XL is eagerly awaited by a large number of mobile users, and as a fresh start from the Android world.

I see Telstra is in testing with Microsoft to ensure the W10 mobile phone is reliable on the Telstra network. But does this mean you are going to shape the standard abilities of the unbraded phone that would already be fully compatible on the 4GX network and all voice and data channels? Themobile carries LTE Cat6, and all the new channels for voice and data.

Does Telstra really need to shape and restrict this new W10 mobile before committing to retail it in the Australian market?

It is for this reason, your customers purchase this phone from overseas retailers at around (AU$700) unlocked and unbranded.. and with the full manufacturuers 12 month warranty. 

charli27

Well Yannick the count down to April is on with only 6 business days remaining for march. ..so the question that I have like so many other customers is when will telstra have this phone available....surely telstra senior management and marketing know by now....and with such a huge delay in the delivery of the phone to telstra customers what shaping and restrictions has telstra done to the phone....

Come on telstra time to update your customers dont you think.....
jalyst

I really don't get why so many folks still fully intend to reward TS for this debacle.
It's like you're mesmerised by the 'pied piper', their network isn't THAT amazing.

Just take the route I took, or something similar:
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Lumia-950XL-amp-950-Availability-General-Interest...

You'll be much happier & better-off for it...
Sebbs

Many of us are still only midway through our contracts, and are anticipating using the New Phone Feeling that we've been paying $10 a month for to upgrade. Otherwise, we have to dance around the mess of early termination fees if we want to just switch carriers.

Others have pointed out that they don't get service from any other carrier in their area, so they're stuck no matter what.
wpdownunder

#Lumia pricing has landed - Outright for the #Lumia950 will be $816 & #Lumia950XL is $936. In time for April launch. #wm10au

Qazza

Is this from Telstra? Can you provide a link please?
jalyst

@Sebbs fair point...
Sebbs

Wow, that's around $200 better than RRP
jalyst

Assuming MS's prices go back up after March it's okay, but I reckon MS's prices will stay as they are now:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msaus/en_AU/cat/categoryID.67002400
charli27

So QAzza any luck getting telstra confirmed price...surely there is someone out there that knows something
Qazza

No charli27, I was hoping  could provide a link or source or something.....

wpdownunder

Telstra in-store pricing and details now with stores. 29/3 possible in-store - but definately both devices by April. Multiple sources. No plan info yet.

pila01

@wpdownunder wrote:

Telstra in-store pricing and details now with stores. 29/3 possible in-store - but definately both devices by April. Multiple sources. No plan info yet.

FWIW - I was told today the 29/3 - but the store told me they didnt have any pricing or other info available yet....

charli27

Come on Yannick open this back up its not solved and get telstra and the senior management to start to speak to the customer. This is disgraceful....
scottmac99

I reckon it's because Telstra are still trying to unload their stocks of the Nokia 640.

It doesn't actually seem like a bad phone, and it's pretty cheap on the open market, so I may just wind up buying one )i.e. not from Telstra) when my current contract is up at the end of the year.

Oh my goodness, it's almost time for those very annoying "just calling to make sure you are happy" phone calls to start coming in from the Philippines.

Shame they didn't do it when my screen (Nokia 930)  first started mal-functioning with the well-known proximity sensor issue. 

Yannick
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

We’re pleased to confirm that the Lumia 950 and 950XL will be available on the Telstra Mobile Network from Tuesday 29 March. It will be available on a range of Go Mobile plans and Go Business Mobile plans online and in-store. Thanks for your patience.

The Lumia 950 & 950 XL are now live on Telstra.com.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobiles-on-a-plan/microsoft-lumia-950

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobiles-on-a-plan/microsoft-lumia-950-xl

@wpdownunder@GlennL@charli27@pila01@markymark0055

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

liamkemp

Hi Yannick,

Thanks for the update, I had just received this information yesterday from our local Telstra Business Centre, very excited, and have one on order now.

I'm going to ask, because someone else almost definitely will anyway, will telstra be offering the continuum dock with the phone, or anything else?

Thanks again.

Liam

GlennL
Level 21: Augmented

Thanks @Yannick

Can you let us know when existing Windows Phones will receive the Windows 10 Mobile update
_G_

Yay! Finally, about time.

Thanks for letting us know.

This has been a long time coming.

Cheers,

G.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit