Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Vodafone confirm Mango Carrier Testing Complete. Telstra where are you at?

Answered

Hi Telstra.

LINK

Now that Vodafone have confirmed they have completed Windows Phone Mango Carrier Testing - and are just waiting on MS launch to make available for HTC Trophy customers - does Telstra have any similar good news to share?

Can you advise when the Tesltra Exchange or Smartphone software update page will be updated for us all ?

Thanks,

Sheeds

Exciting times for WP7 fans and customers Smiley Very Happy

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Windows 8 and Surface fan! FORMER Telstra Customer (adios lol).

If you like my Microsoft (WP/Win8) posts here, consider Kudos+1

Check me out on Twitter - WP_DownUnder - I don't come around here no more.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Vodafone confirm Mango Carrier Testing Complete. Telstra where are you at?

Hey Sheeds,

Please remember the intent of Crowd Support is for customers, staff and visitors to our forum to discuss in market products and services available from Telstra. While we are happy to get involved in the conversation we are not here to answer questions on soon to be released or as yet unannounced products.

That being said I can confirm that the Mango operating software should be available to our current Windows Phone customers in Spring.

DanK

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hey Sheeds,

Please remember the intent of Crowd Support is for customers, staff and visitors to our forum to discuss in market products and services available from Telstra. While we are happy to get involved in the conversation we are not here to answer questions on soon to be released or as yet unannounced products.

That being said I can confirm that the Mango operating software should be available to our current Windows Phone customers in Spring.

DanK

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

It's good to see we 'should' have it by the end of November.

Smiley Sad
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Highlighted

Dan,

Thanks for the reply! I'm hugely appreciative that you answered my tabled question.  That is a HUGE improvement over my prior experiences of Telstra (and the whole MS-Carrier NoDo debacle).

Whilst Spring is a significant sized landing pad....I also understand that Telstra may have a whole swag of reasons why they will be conservative and that this will be a discussion for another day!

As to the purpose of the CrowdCommunity - I thought this was exactly what these forums were here for.  Direct engagement to the Mobile team (Mr Volards group) or the TeamTelstra PR/Media area is hardly what Telstra are wanting or will respond to (based on my considerable WP7 past experience).

This community and customer and market engagement environment is where I think all such discussion should take place.  There is no harm in us (Im a Telstra customer for my WP7 handset) asking the question - and whilst we might challenge or feel less than 100% happy with the answer - we should respect that Telstra should be prepared to provide the answer they can here (all commerical, legal, NDA or other factors considered).

Where else can we ask?  And I'll defend my right to ask, just like I'll acknowlegde and respect Telstra's answers, even if I may not like them or want more???

Anyways - back on topic, Thank You for the prompt reply.  I look forward to reporting more positive WP7 Mango news with Telstra on my site soon!

Cheers Smiley Happy

Sheeds.

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Windows 8 and Surface fan! FORMER Telstra Customer (adios lol).

Highlighted

I wouldn't assume the worst Kalak.  I would like to think Telstra will be as responsive as they can - and will not seek to profit from selling GEN2 handsets with mango out-of-the-box that they undoubtedly have in-stock ready to go now - forgetting exisiting customers.

Be positive!

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Why do i get the feeling that 'spring' will still mean we'll be second last in the world to receive it.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey All,

I am sorry the more general timeframe was disappointing to some and if I was able to give you an exact date I would but foretelling is not an ability I have Smiley Wink

I also wanted to comment on your feedback, Sheeds, we are definitely able to answer questions and participate in discussion. By no means do we want to discourage you, or any other member for that matter, from full participation in CrowdSupport.

The point I was trying to make, although a litle clumsily, was that my team does not have an inside track of information. While we can sometimes uncover a nugget or two, and in this case were able to give a more than 'Coming Soon' answer, I don't want the forum to fill up with non-specific or limited answers about unreleased products.

I hope that makes sense.

Dan

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

if I was able to give you an exact date I would but foretelling is not an ability I have Smiley Wink

Who at Telsta Can? I do not think anyone is asking for too much here. Vodafone and now Optus have released signoff statements and zip from Telstra. I can't help but get Nodo flashbacks to the point where both other carriers were either testing or releasing and Telstra's official statement (after a huge amount of chasing by Sheeds inparticular) was along the line of "yeah we just opened the box from Microsoft". This was at about the same time you started marketing the new (released months after the rest of the world) HTC HD7 claiming it ran Nodo out of the box!

Highlighted

Appreciate the support sonofdad. Smiley Happy Im willing to give Telstra their chance.  They are a big organisation, with lots of departments, sign-offs and internal governance (some unkindly call this bearacracy).  I was pleasantly surprised that DanK responded at all - and inside an hour of my post/tweet!

That's significant by any comparison to earlier this year!  I also wouldn't be surprised if the Vodafone/Optus announcements caught Telstra by surprise - and reckon that Vodafone and Optus will have broken MS NDA's by releasing what they did.

So - I'm happy to pause, take a breath, and see what happens when MS announce the official Mango release.  I see no reason at that point, why Telstra couldn't then give a clearer timing - and update their smartphone software update page to reflect this.

Smiley Happy  Tnx again!

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra couldn't then give a clearer timing - and update their smartphone software update page to reflect this

Unfortunately that would be the same update page that states (Android) Gingerbread updates are in testing for an August release!

To borrow a quote from a few movies that were released on bluray this week "I have a very bad feeling about this."

Highlighted

LOL Smiley Wink

Highlighted

Just saw a post over at CNET Australia in reply to the Vodafone article.  Will1505 states:

"telstra has be demonstrating Mango to its tech team starting yesterday. expect the update to come within the month Smiley Happy"

http://www.cnet.com.au/windows-phone-mango-ready-to-serve-vodafone-339322324.htm

Smiley Happy

Highlighted

And the Telstra Smartphone page has been updated to show a status for MANGO for all three handsets presently sold by Telstra as......." Approved!!!!!" Woot Woot!  Well Done Smiley Very Happy

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile/phones/smartphones.html#

Yay!  Fast turnaround Telstra - we shall take the Spring timing with the assumption that you are doing the right thing by Microsoft and your agreements by having a large public landing pad for their launch!

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

there was a tweet from @Telstra_news earlier today stating Mango updates would start rolling out in the next two weeks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Fantastic news! Well done to Telstra, now the ball is with Microsoft to schedule and delivery the update.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit