tiah1
Level 1: Cadet

oppo f1s

I bought an oppo f1s and unlocked it from the optus network to use my telstra sim but i cant make or recieve any calls. It has full bars of service but still wont make or recieve calls. I can still use my data and text. Whenever someone tries to call me i goes straight to message bank and i get a text that i missed a call. How do i fix this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: oppo f1s

Hey tiah1,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with being able to use this handset for calls on our network and do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused you 😞 If the data and text's services can be used, then this SIM is active and should also allow the calls to be received and made. I would recommend having our Mobile faults team contacted to have this looked into and texted further. They can be reached on 132200 (24/7) and saying 'Mobile Faults' when prompted. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ben5302
Level 2: Rookie

I have the same issue did you fix it?
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Ben5302

The Oppo F1s should be compatible with the Telstra Network per information available here

Out of interest;

1. What happens when you try to make a call
  2. What happens if you turn off your 4G

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ben5302

Hey thanks for getting back to me. When I try and call it just says dialing and nothing else happens. And then eventually it cuts out. There is no ringing noise. When I turn off 4g it can't call or text so it can't connect to 3g. The other day I was somewhere where I could suddenly call and my bars said 3g so idk if it's got something to do with that. If you could help that would be greatly appreciated thanks
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Ben5302

This almost sounds like a coverage problem.

Are you able to confirm the suburb you can't call in?
If you can tell me where you could call out too, that will be helpful.

Ben5302

I live in mirboo north there is coverage there for everyone else they can all call. I was in morwell when I was able to call.
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Ben5302

To confirm, you mention that no other person is affected by the problem in the same location?

If that's the case, the issue is likely to be either your phone or your SIM Card.

You can check this by testing your SIM in another phone

• If your SIM works in another phone, your phone will be the cause of your difficulty.
  • If your SIM does not work in another phone that is known to be working, you can arrange for a replacement SIM Card at any Telstra Store.

Ben5302

Yeah no one else in my area is effected.. I think it's a problem with the phone.. I just bought a new sim so that's not the problem
tiah1
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, i was never able to fix the problem and had to return the phone to optus. They kept refusing to refund as they couldnt find the fault and said the phone worked fine. It obviously didnt. I finally got my refund after returning it 6 times and went and bought a samsung instead
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

I had a mate with a similar problem. Only way he got it to work was put the Telstra sim in and do a factory reset. 

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Ben5302

Hey okay! Sounds good. I mean I bought it from Target so I'll try and get a refund from there
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

I did a factory reset with a Telstra sim and it works fine.
Oppos are very ...very well made and ozmoz had success like me. It would be
A shame to sell it.
It just needs to deľete Optus
Customisation and automatically replace with Telstra as ozmoz described
"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

@Ben5302, definitely give the factory reset a go first.

The Boo and Morwell both use the same bands if it worked in the old part of Morwell. If you were around Mid-Valley when it worked it has access to the 1800MHz band, but your phone won't use that for voice (it can only connect on 3G for voice).

It sounds like you could make a voice call when the 4G signal disappeared (sounds like you were in Mid Valley for that to occur - my S8+ drops back to 3G regularly there), that sounds like a config problem with the handset, and it could be remedied by forgetting the Optus settings by doing the Factory reset as @ProfessorPhone suggested.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit