MisterQ
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

How to stop the stutter.

Just got new Bundle, home phone, Foxtel, 500GB internet over cable.

Home phone is giving stutter dial tone - which indicates a message is waiting on Messagebank. Go to messagebank and set it up, and confirm no outstanding messages... Still getting Stutter dial tone - I thought this was only for when there are messages waiting - how do we get it "nudged" so that it properly recognizes that there is (or isn't) messages waiting...

Old IT/Comms curmudgeon - did tech support for Alcatel System 12 Exchanges in my day - designed a bunch of stuff for Optus.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: How to stop the stutter.

how do we get it "nudged" so that it properly recognizes that there is (or isn't) messages waiting...

If you want to self-service, then try calling your home number (from a different phone – I'm not sure if it works trying to call yourself on the home phone) but let it ring out, and leave a voice message, then call 101 from your home phone and delete the message.

That may, or may not, resolve the issue.

Or, you can just ring Telstra to report it as a fault, and get the customer service representative to reset your MessageBank service.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
kjfal
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: How to stop the stutter.

Hi MisterQ,

I've heard of this happening on new/moved services that have just been set up and as Drat suggested it is usually as simple as leaving yourself a voicemail, calling up to retrieve it, then deleting it - your stutter dial tone should then be gone 🙂

Otherwise faults can help you out, just call them on 132203, usually calling while you are at home is best 🙂

Please Note: I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity; the views expressed in this post are mine only and do not necessarily reflect the views of Telstra. I am in no way authorised to speak on behalf of Telstra.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit