Izzy13
Level 1: Cadet

Changing password on a TG797n V3.

Answered

Hi,

I am trying to change my password on a TG797n V3. I can get to the section but need the admin password, everything I have is not working can you help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Changing password on a TG797n V3.

hi Izzy13 

It seems that Dave has been an amazing help for you.

Now that you are able to access your modem, this should help:-

Login to your gateway..

Select Home Network

Select  Interfaces. There will be 2, one is the LAN (ethernet), the other is your WiFi.

Select the WiFi Interface (click on WLAN)

Now click Configure (top right)

Make your changes and select Apply.

-      Lindy 🙂 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Hey lzzy13,

I take it user=admin password=admin didn't work?

Cheers,
Dave

Izzy13

Hi Dave,

When I go to the page 10.0.0.138 it's already logged in as admin. I have tried the password as admin in both lower and uppercase and is invalid.

Regards

Mandy

Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Ok.. So what would happen if you leave the old as blank?

Cheers,
Dave

Izzy13

Hi Dave,

That seemed to work, I now get the windows security screen asking for the user name and password and the server reports that it is from a technicolour gateway. Not sure what information needs to go here. Sorry to be a pain this is all new to me.

Regards

Mandy

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

hi Izzy13 

It seems that Dave has been an amazing help for you.

Now that you are able to access your modem, this should help:-

Login to your gateway..

Select Home Network

Select  Interfaces. There will be 2, one is the LAN (ethernet), the other is your WiFi.

Select the WiFi Interface (click on WLAN)

Now click Configure (top right)

Make your changes and select Apply.

-      Lindy 🙂 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Navajo

I have exactly the same problem, Windows Security is asking for admin and password and reports that it is from Technicolor Gateway. I have tried all sorts of combinations, from all the suggestions already posted.  Not getting anywhere, can you tell me what you did if you were able to get through?  Thanks  Navajo

Faaiz_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Navajo

It would be best to ensure the notification you are getting is not from Windows Security itself by trying a different computer on the modem. If you can't access internet on another computer and get the same notification then it seems the modem password has been modified. The default username/password is 'admin' and can be anything if not that. In such a case it would be best to reset the modem to factory settings. Before doing that it would be best to keep the BigPond username/password handy as modem would need to re-configured with those after factory reset. The correct password can be retrieved through: http://telstra.com/password if unsure.

To reset the modem you'll need to press the 'Reset' button for about 10 seconds. The reset info is also available here on the modem User Guide

For help with the above or other troubleshooting info our technical support team is available 24x7 just here.

-Faaiz

Camo86

@Izzy13 wrote:

Hi Dave,

That seemed to work, I now get the windows security screen asking for the user name and password and the server reports that it is from a technicolour gateway. Not sure what information needs to go here. Sorry to be a pain this is all new to me.

Regards

Mandy

hey mandy

i just changed my login password for my techincolor

so like dave said if the router is factory defulted leave the old password blank and type in the new password and confirm it again, when it saves you will get the log in screen, enter "admin" as your user and the password (been what you set it as in the last step)

Hammer1

I need password for my tablet have no wi fi please help

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

If the default login details ('admin' as the username and password) don't work then the guide at How To Change your Wi-Fi Password (SSID & WPA) may assist. Our Tech teams on 133 933 can also help guide you through a reset of the password. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more