Bushed
Level 1: Cadet

Login for Sagecom F@st 5355TLS

Answered

How can I log in to the new NBN Sagecom F@st 5355TLS Telstra Gateway modem?

I wish to be able to access the modem setup via a browser and the local IP address as the URL.  When I do that the opening browser screen presents the Telstra login page with an "admin" user field, a password field, plus a <LOGIN> button.

However, nowhere in the documentation supplied with the modem pack is there any identification of the correct password to use to enable the login.

Last night I was advised by Telstra NBN Tech Support that the modem needed to activated by the 'Activations Team' to enable login without a password.  However, the Activations Team close by 9pm (AEST?).  Was a given an emailed link to try during the working day, for a callback within 45min. However, "due to technical difficulties" several such attempts to log a callback failed each time.

Here I am again now into the evening, probably too late for the 'Activations Team' again.

Does it make sense that the new modem needs to be registered?

How else can I log into the modem setup via a browser and its IP address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Login for Sagecom F@st 5355TLS

The password should be admin. There should have been a slip of paper in the box that the modem came with that had it on.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

The password should be admin. There should have been a slip of paper in the box that the modem came with that had it on.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Bushed

Thank you, Jupiter, that's spot on! So simple yet so much hassle to find that out, till now.
Packers

all that info is printed on my modem where the cables plug in.

Bushed

Doh ... yes!  I see that now, thanks.

Mitc123

I've reset the password and I have forgotten. How do I go about to reset it to original password?
cf4

Use paperclip to press reset button on front of gateway below power button untill router turns off. Router will reboot reseting gateway to factory defaults,

xxSquishy

I've had this same problem occurring every weekend where the internet connection seems fine in the morning but halfway through the day the connection would drop out and require the sign in (on all Wi-Fi connected devices).
I tried to use the password 'admin' and it does work to login, but the connection still doesn't improve/cone back. What should I do?
Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi xxSquishy, 

Be best to contact technical support so we can check your modem. Please call 133 933 or chat to us here  http://tel.st/gq6m

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more