jamescridland
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Air Android login issues

Running the Telstra Air Android app. I'm enabled for Telstra Air, and have successfully logged in to the app - but have never yet been able to use the app to automatically log me in to Telstra Air hotspots. It tells me to try logging in manually (which does work, by the way).

The point of the app, I thought, was to log you in automatically, and therefore save you mobile data. It doesn't do that for me. Does it do that for anyone else running Android?

(I'm running a Nexus 5, the standard reference device for any Android developer).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
AlbionLoveDen
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra Air Android login issues

Yep, same problem on an LG G4. Looking at the App review pages tells me we're not alone.

jamescridland

Yesterday I tried to email the support address that appears on the Play Store app listing. It bounces back, needless to say.

I've seen these auto-login apps work well; BT's equivalent Fon-powered service had one. But Telstra's apps aren't, quite, in the same league.

I find it strange that there isn't more discussion here though. Free bandwidth seems to be a good offer until mid June, and since your home Telstra Air access point isn't actually excluded, that is a generous offer. If only you could use it.

SenorClean
Level 1: Cadet

Annoyingly - it used to work great for me, and just stopped a couple of months ago 😞

Calypso501

Same issue I'm experiencing on both my Samsung Note 4 and Samsung Edge 6+. My daughter's use iPhones and it works fine and auto connects all the time. On the Android phones it asks to be logged in everytime. Very frustrating as I can't be bothered logging in every time...

jamescridland

I have just gone to make a complaint on the Telstra website.

It says, in part (the forum has mangled the URLs):

I would like to bring to your attention the fact that the Telstra Air app for Android simply doesn't work.

https: crowdsupport.telstra.com.au t5 Telstra-Air Telstra-Air-Android-login-issues m-p 534593 highlights the issues that your customers are having.

All recent reviews for it at https: play.google.com store apps details id com.telstra.mobile.android.air say that it does not work.

This is part of a service I pay for, and I expect it to work correctly.

Please fix it, so that it correctly auto-connects Android users as advertised.

Please engage with your users on the Customer Support portal to explain a timescale for it being fixed.

Please engage with your users on Google Play to reassure them that they are being listened to.

On hitting the submit button, this happens.

You couldn't make it up, really.

jamescridland

Well, we might finally have Telstra's attention.

From a tweet sent just now...

"That issue is one that our App team are currently working on and will have rectified as soon as we can-Dylan"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit