jzz30boost
Level 4: Private Eye

Lumia 950XL & 950: Availability/General Interest

Answered

Just wondering if Telstra is going to stock the Lumia 950 and when can we per-order???

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Yannick
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Lumia 950XL & 950: Availability/General Interest

We know that a number of you have been keen for an update on when we’ll be bringing the Microsoft Lumia 950 and Lumia 950XL to the Telstra mobile network. We’re pleased to confirm that we will be launching the device in our stores in early April. We expect the Lumia 950 will arrive first. We’ll confirm a date as soon as we have it locked in.

Thanks for your patience while we worked with Microsoft to establish a new testing process for Windows 10 device software. The device testing process is crucially important to ensuring you enjoy the best possible data speeds, the best possible coverage performance and that your new phone operates in a reliable manner.

*** UPDATE 24/03/2016 ***

We’re pleased to confirm that the Lumia 950 and 950XL will be available on the Telstra Mobile Network from Tuesday 29 March. It will be available on a range of Go Mobile plans and Go Business Mobile plans online and in-store. Thanks for your patience.

*** UPDATE 29/ 03/2016 ***

The Lumia 950 & 950 XL are now live on Telstra.com.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobiles-on-a-plan/microsoft-lumia-950

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobiles-on-a-plan/microsoft-lumia-950-xl 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Yannick
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

We’re pleased to confirm that the Lumia 950 and 950XL will be available on the Telstra Mobile Network from Tuesday 29 March. It will be available on a range of Go Mobile plans and Go Business Mobile plans online and in-store. Thanks for your patience.

The Lumia 950 & 950 XL are now live on Telstra.com.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobiles-on-a-plan/microsoft-lumia-950-xl

@wpdownunder@GlennL@charli27@pila01@markymark0055

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
603 REPLIES 603
tg01
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Lumia 950

When will I be able to order this phone from Telstra ?
_vk
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Lumia 950

How about Microsoft Lumia 950XL? Will it be available from Telstra???

_vk

Microsoft Lumia 950XL? Will it be available from Telstra???

WIll Microsoft Lumia 950XL be available from Telstra?

Burnz316
Level 3: Gumshoe

Would also like to know if Telstra will stock the Lumia 950 and 950XL.

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

*** Updated 24/03/2016 ***

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Microsoft Lumia 950XL? Will it be available from Telstra???

Hi _VK

That's a great question. We have not been advised if/when the new Lumia phone range is coming to Telstra at this stage. 

If you can submit your details http://tel.st/stayinformed we'll be able to update you with more information, as soon as we have it. 

Regards 

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jzz30boost

We haven't been advised if/when we will be stocking the new series of Lumia phones, however if you can submit your details http://tel.st/stayinformed we will keep you updated as soon as we know more. 

Regards 

jumanji
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Hello,

Any new updates on the availability of the new Lumia 950 & Lumia 950XL?

Surely you would know by now...

Thanks.

jumanji

Ok,

It's been 2 weeks now... Any new Updates?

Thanks.

jumanji

Hello,

Any new updates on the 950XL or 950?

Thanks.

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

No new information about availability yet, but if you've registered via the link Lindy provided above you'll be contacted with further details closer to a launch if we stock it.

Dechah
Level 1: Cadet

I am keen on getting the Lumia 950XL.  I have signed up to the link provided above.

paul0605

Have registered interest aswell. Looking forward to getting the 950 & moving away from Vodafone.

Telstra - you might also want to update your fields on that page to say "Microsoft" rather than Nokia.

Fergo6

I have signed up at the link, and also very interested in the 950XL (2 of them, in fact!)

Burnz316

Yeah I want the 950XL
jalyst

@paul0605 wrote:

Telstra - you might also want to update your fields on that page to say "Microsoft" rather than Nokia.

Correct, & also on that page it should be Windows 10 Mobile (AKA W10M), not Windows Phone.

The latter is an older (very different) platform. All of Telstra's doco should be amended in this way.

ilias82

Re: Lumia 950/XL

How about now? You got an update?

Waiting for the Lumia 950XL...will go with whichever network gets it first; if it's Optus, sorry Telstra, but they'll get my money 😉

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Lumia 950/XL

We still don't have any info about this device sorry.

rims89

lumia 950xl

Do you have a released date for lumia 950 xl??
aussierob78

I'm interested in both the 950 and 950xl
ZFK

Re: lumia 950xl

I am also interested in this. My mid plan handset upgrade is due at the end of november and i would love to get the 950 XL. 

KTM520

Yes please, also interested...
swhitmore

Also interested in the Lumia 950XL. 

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi rims89, ZFK and KTM520

Regrettably we have no information regarding the new range of Lumias however if you submit your details 

http://tel.st/stayinformed

We can keep you updated as soon as we have some news. 

Regards 

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Swhitmore

Please send details http://tel.st/stayinformed so that we can update you as soon as we  have further information. 

Regards 

Ash773

I really hope the new Lumia range is going to come to Telstra. I'm ready to take the leap this time and try out a windows phone.

Hopefully you get both the 950 and the 950XL.
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

We are still waiting for information regarding the new Lumia phones, but if you send details http://tel.st/5xle we'll keep you informed.

Regards 

ZFK

Anything yet? Thanks 🙂

boggles18

Lumia 950XL, I have been with Telstra for a while now, very happy with quality but will leave and go to another carrier to get this phone!

Would prefer to stay at Telstra so lets hope you get it.

Oh and with that link to register your interest, I have done this with the last three windows phones but I did not receive a notification for any of them. Nearly missed pre order of 1020!
chris7777

Very interested in Lumia 950xl. Will switch from Optus if need to. When if? Agree that notification link is one way so Tel$tra can guage interest
adsjc

Same here. Last time I got a new phone I switched from Vodafone because they didn't have the Lumia 930 in Orange. And I was with them happily for 20 years!

I am lucky enough to be in an area that has great coverage from all providers so I am not prepared to stick with a company that doesn’t offer the phone I want.

paul0605

@adsjc wrote:

Same here. Last time I got a new phone I switched from Vodafone because they didn't have the Lumia 930 in Orange. And I was with them happily for 20 years!

I am lucky enough to be in an area that has great coverage from all providers so I am not prepared to stick with a company that doesn’t offer the phone I want.

Yeah i've got the 925 with Vodafone & just out of contract. So looking & hoping Telstra will have the 950 🙂

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

No word on this one sorry

ZFK

Anything yet? 

ZFK 

GlennL
Level 21: Augmented

Microsoft is opening their Australian Flagship store on the 12th.

Please wait till then and hopefully an announcement will be made then. No carrier has announced pricing or availability yet.
tg01

Pre-orders have started in the UK so hopefully some news about Australian availability soon.
jumanji

Ok so I officially find Telstra Marketing to be very poor.

Generate some hype 

1. Tell people that you aim to get a Windows Phone.

2. Give people an idea (at least) of a date, as I am sure you have one. (surely by now)

3. What's the big secret? You are better of advertising it to help with Sales.

4. Who runs your marketing department? Thare aren't doing a good job!

5. Your 'register your interest' site doesn't even give you a confirmation email.

I did it last time for the Nokia 930 and got no emails.

C'mon Telstra, we love your work, but seriously... Lift your Game!

jumanji

7 days to go until the opening of the Microsoft Sydney Store.

- Maybe they'll start selling the Lumia 950 & Lumia 950 XL.

irims

And still waiting for the Lumia 950 xl? Why is that they have all the other cheap windows phone devices but not the high end phone's???
jalyst

@jumanji wrote:

7 days to go until the opening of the Microsoft Sydney Store.

- Maybe they'll start selling the Lumia 950 & Lumia 950 XL.

That's extremely unlikely for a multitude of reasons we now know about (follow the main thread at whirlpool).

They MAY have demo units from that date*, but I wouldn't expect any for sale till the 1st wk of Dec. at the soonest.

Still, happy to be wrong & find that the MS Store is selling them in limited quantities from 12/11/15.

It will likely be a PITA to get it though, as they'll prolly do what they're doing with the Band 2 & Surface Book.

Make it available only via the physical store, or physical store & online store, but nowhere else.

*or maybe just dummies

ZFK

Just wanted to check if there had been any update? Thanks 

jalyst

Nope, same status (which is there is none)...

But those in the know have already confirmed that T$ has been testing these devices.

If they do decide to proceed...

I wouldn't be surprised if they announce their plans for 1 or both of the 950's next week.

But maybe not before the opening of the new Microsoft Store in Sydney on Thurs.

Actual availability won't commence until early to mid December, possibly later.

Jaens

Any feedback on this yet? I am sure the pre-orders from the Microsoft online store is been sent already. When will they be available in Australia via Telstra? I am up for a contract renewal right now and my contract expired last month and I want the Lumia 950. I have not heard anything via that "register interest" link at all.
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jaens

At this stage Telstra haven't advised if this is a device we'll be selling sorry.

longjohn1987
Level 4: Private Eye

I hope Telstra decides to go with this product! I want to use it on the network without equal 😛

But seriously, I do.

GlennL

Rumour has it that Telstra will be launching the 950 + 950XL at the start of Dec stay tuned.
N47H4NI3L

Is it weird that the only reason I want this phone is so I can stream my Xbox One to it? 😆
jumanji

3 days to go until the opening of the Microsoft Sydney Store.

- Let's hope they start selling the Lumia 950 & Lumia 950 XL.

GlennL

The phones won't be available for sale until December.

Ingram Micro is the Australian distributor and they list the phones for sale in December

Lumia 950 RRP (inc): $ 999.01INC GST
Lumia 950XL RRP (inc): $ 1,129.00INC GST

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit