collect_win
Level 1: Cadet

Letter from Recoveries Corp

So I got home yesterday to a letter from Recoveries Corp, explaining that despite "desperate attempts" by Telstra to recover an outstanding 200 odd dollars, that Recoveries Corp were now in charge of recovering the debt.

This came as a shock to me considering a few things:

1. The account in question, is my home cable account, of which is still in use and active.

2. I have recieved no correspondence from Telstra first.

When I called Rec Crop to discuss this, they advised me that they could see I had made a payment of $100, to which I said, yes I paid my bill last month as per normal. They then told me I still owe $99 and if I was able to make a payment. I stopped right them there while I logged into my Telstra account to look at the bill - only to find that the $99 in question, is not even due for another 10 days.

Can someone explain why the hell I am getting letters from Debt Collectors about amounts that have not even hit the due date yet?

I felt sick about it, and I am really confused as to why this has happened.

Rob.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Letter from Recoveries Corp

That is very strange... and would normally only happen if you were constantly a month behind... but still very very bizarre... I would suggest given that this is an open and public board and the staff would be limited in what they can do to help here, however the Credit Management team should be able to provide more details and will be able to sort it all out for you. They are on 132200 and say "Credit Management".
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now