CrowdSupport®
Reinar
Level 2: Rookie

Does Telstra have a BES offering?

Is there still a BlackBerry enterprise server available via Telstra? I want to use the Blackberry Work app (iOS) for testing emails.

Is there a Telstra service that will allow me to do this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Thisischarles1
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Does Telstra have a BES offering?

Blackberry doesn't have ios, blackberry doesn't have any relevant play store for applications
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Now there's a blast from the past. Haven't seen a Blackberry in the wild in a few years.

Most Blackberry apps work with standard email accounts & services. I don't think that they need the Enterprise Server any more.

Even Blackberry Phones are just Android devices these days.

I can't remember seeing anything about BES for quite a while.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Reinar
Level 2: Rookie

Hello @Jupiter and @Thisischarles1 

Thank you for the responses. This is indeed a blast from the past... Alas here we are.

Blackberry do indeed still have apps. Used for enterprise Bring-Your-Own-Device cases. So these BB apps can be installed from Apple App Store and Google Play store and connected to a Blackberry Enterprise Server. See screenshot from my phone:

PNG image.png

While on a physical BB device you can connect any mail service, what I do need is access to a Blackberry Enterprise Server since that is only what that BB Work client (see screenshot) will work with. That stand alone email client needs BES.

The case: we are developers needing to test email deployment on that specific client. No current virtualisation tests (Litmus or EoA) offer tests on BlackBerry (and we understand why---this is a bast from the past).

So I still wonder: Telstra do you still have BES services available for use?

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now