CrowdSupport®
lee9011
Level 1: Cadet

Own Asus Router AX11000 Connection with Telstra HFC NBN

Answered

Hi,

I am new to Telstra NBN HFC service, less than a month. The Telstra offered smart gen2 router works ok, but not great, especially WIFI coverage. To benefit this called NBN speed, I just got myself a monster router Asus AX11000 with an expectation of much improvement on WIFI connection and coverage.

My question is how to set up this new router to maximise its capability while still keep the phone function. Appreciate for any input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Own Asus Router AX11000 Connection with Telstra HFC NBN

Connect ASUS WAN port to NBN modem. Connect Telstra modem's WAN port to LAN port of ASUS. Set up the ASUS for Dynamic IP Internet connection.

If you have trouble with incoming calls check if there is SIP ALG setting in the ASUS and change setting. Could not find any information onnSIP ALG for your router but below is a link for other ASUS models.

http://www.surevoip.co.uk/support/wiki/troubleshooting:sip_alg:asus_dsl-n16

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Connect ASUS WAN port to NBN modem. Connect Telstra modem's WAN port to LAN port of ASUS. Set up the ASUS for Dynamic IP Internet connection.

If you have trouble with incoming calls check if there is SIP ALG setting in the ASUS and change setting. Could not find any information onnSIP ALG for your router but below is a link for other ASUS models.

http://www.surevoip.co.uk/support/wiki/troubleshooting:sip_alg:asus_dsl-n16

View solution in original post

lee9011
Level 1: Cadet

Yes it is working. And that SIP ALG setting is  under setting tab “NAT Passthrough” and “enabled” as default setting. So far no issue with Telstra VOIP phone for receiving/making any calls. Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now