Grumpy3
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Broadband Protect

Answered

hi  i recently resigned to a newer plan and in doing so received telstra protect, i downloaded it but as i still had a subscription with avg i used it instead but now my avg has expired i deleted through uninstall  but cant activate  the telstra one either in the app or on my computer and if i try to repair or uninstall it doesn't do anything i cant get it out of my system to install again yet it shows up on my mobile and works fine but does not register my computer as a licence. the updater is in the notification area and clicking on it only allows me to search for updates i cant close it to try a install, so tried to switch on  windows defender til i sort it but defender can only switch on some components and tells me that telstra antivirus/firewall are off and wont turn on and i dont have the option to switch from defender to telstra.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Broadband Protect

Log into MyAccount and re-download the TBP install file. I'm certain the install file also has an uninstall option when you run it, at least it used to.

If you still run into issues i'd recommend calling bigpond tech support security via 133 933

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

Log into MyAccount and re-download the TBP install file. I'm certain the install file also has an uninstall option when you run it, at least it used to.

If you still run into issues i'd recommend calling bigpond tech support security via 133 933

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Grumpy3
Level 1: Cadet

thanks for the suggestions i couldnt uninstall it tried with a couple of uninstall programmes but there was an issue couldnt even reactivate defender, so tried to do a windows refresh and had further issues id say there was a glitch on the hard drive somewhere ended up reformatting and re downloading big pond security i think its working now as i get the splash screen and the updater icons in my notification bar  had issues with trying to d/l safe browser comes up with an error so gave up on that lol.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more