TripleT
Level 1: Cadet

switch back to ADSL

HI

Can someone tell me if I can switch back to ADSL from NBN.

cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: switch back to ADSL

No, you cannot. Once it is swapped over the old network is switched off and no longer accessible. Even if you could, after 18 months from when it first becomes available it is decommissioned and would be turned off permanently anyway so wouldn't actually help.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

W201
Level 14: Field Agent

Hi TripleT,
I also wish I could switch back to ADSL2+, I was getting 99.999% reliability and constant speed of 15Mb/s.

No incoming call is possible with my VOIP now.

Outbound call disconnect abruptly after about 15 minutes. I have just been told by the staff at 1800TFIBRE that this is due to setting in my T-VOICE 502 handset. I cannot find any settings that limit the call to 15 minutes. Interesting piece of advice.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/National-Broadband-Network-NBN/ls-going-straight-to-message-b...

brad26
Level 4: Private Eye

I should have waited till I was out of contract ( another year ) with telstra before I switched over. Then I could have gone to the nbn with a new provider. I would have had another 18 months or so available on adsl. Which was a good service.

But now I am stuck with the clods at telstra and every day is a struggle.
dr-bob
Level 1: Cadet

did you ever get your no incoming call + 15 minute dropout out issues fixed?

I have had 6 weeks of it, and getting nowhere so far. 

tried 2 modems, 3 phone handsets, have Telstra trying to tell me it's NBN, NBN saying no fault found

15 minute dropout is like clockwork and doesn't correspond to internet dropout

(sounds familiar I'm sure)

any hints, ideas?

thanks in advance

Another person who had the incoming call problem discovered that Telstra was diverting calls to a non existent service.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now