Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

How on earth does one contact an actual person at Telstra!!!!!@!!!!!@!!!@!@!@@#@#

Answered

I know times are tough but my goodness why on earth can I not get through to an actual person at Telstra!!!!@!!!@!@@@@ It is infuriating!!!!!!@!!!@ Little wonder they get customers from hell when they give us a complete nervous breakdown just trying to reach them!!!!!@!@!@!@@@ Their stupid and useless automated system DOES NOT relate in any way, shape or form to my enquiry but I have no other way of contacting someone. I am directed to use my mobile app but for some stupid reason when I press the blue button it doesn't take me anywhere and I am not able to get help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!! I NEED TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE about some anomalies with my account and there is NO option for this anywhere!!!!!!!!!! I am so incredibly frustrated right now with HOW HARD IT IS TO EVER REACH A REAL PERSON AT TELSTRA! It shouldn't be this hard!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: How on earth does one contact an actual person at Telstra!!!!!@!!!!!@!!!@!@!@@#@#

In a similar position to you, I have recently found there is an online form submission at https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints/make-a-complaint

I was also unable to get any help with my issue by phone, and the app wont work on any of my devices, so I have submitted my issue there. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How on earth does one contact an actual person at Telstra!!!!!@!!!!!@!!!@!@!@@#@#

In the messaging in the My Telstra app. Type in your query with as much detail as possible (starting with your full name). If Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks Jupiter... the issue is the blue button does not work for me! I've pressed it 100 times and nothing happens... I've also called the 13 22 00 number half a dozen times and just get fobbed off by the useless automated system pretending to be a real human. It just tells me they're dealing with more important issues but the whole thing there are absolutely NO options to select that relate to my issue... and their online chat option is not working at the moment either. It all leads you to use their useless mobile app. Their service sucks! They are such a large corporation now that it is impossible to contact anyone... just like Facebook, Microsoft and so on. They lead you to these online forums which in this case can absolutely NOT help with my issue! They should give their service away for free given the stress it causes people to try and have any dealings with them!

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

In a similar position to you, I have recently found there is an online form submission at https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints/make-a-complaint

I was also unable to get any help with my issue by phone, and the app wont work on any of my devices, so I have submitted my issue there. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Oh... well done! I did see the complaint option but didn't think to use it. I wonder how long that will take for them to look at. Can you imagine how many complaints they get! They could do themselves a favour and vastly improve their offering so that they wouldn't get customers from hell... when customers can finally manage to get through to them. Thanks again.

Highlighted
Level 13: Super Sleuth

If my experience with Telstra Complaints is anything to go by they'll call you but only let the phone ring once or call on a Private Number so you don't know who is calling, they won't leave a message, then they'll send you an e-mail saying they are unable to get hold of you and asking you to call them, when you call back the person who is handling your complaint won't be available.

Rinse and repeat.

Round and around we go.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I feel you. Been having the same problem myself but finally learnt to use the chat feature on the My Telstra app via my phone. It keeps a record of your chat vs doing it online and losing everything once you close the chat with them. It might ask you to troubleshoot something first before they let you message them but now i just go straight into the app and click on “get help”, then on the blue speech bubble And type to them direct. Just type in “fault” and usually  someone gets back to you. You can also message them on Facebook via Messenger. They may take a day or so to get back to you but you can chat to them on that if your blue button is not working. It’s super frustrating atm, have not had internet for 6 days but can’t actually speak to someone in person. 

Just another person using the internet.
Highlighted

I can’t get a response from any messages!

Highlighted

Unfortunately this doesn't work.  I've tried it several times, just in case I missed something the first and second times.  There is currently NO way of contacting Telstra.  MyAccount online (Mac and Phone) shows an error message when I select the plan hyperlink.  The link from their email which told me they are about to upgrade me (not wanted) doesn't take me through to any plan choices.  The link from same email which identifies that I use so little that I can select Mobile Plan Extra Small doesn't take me through to any plan choices.  My husband also tried all options and failed.  Chat doesn't work - there are no live agents available and the computerised support I "spoke" with kept putting me into a circular "solution" which took me back to MyAccount (which I can't access).  A phone call was terminated by Telstra after a few minutes of responding to selection options, by an SMS telling me that I only need to go into MyAccount to solve my problem. We rang the Norwood Telstra store to find out that we have to go in to change our plans. Can't be done over the phone because they have no system in place to verify my ID. My husband can't go in for me and I am an "at risk" person for COVID19. The person there told me to go to MyAccount and argued with me when I told him it's not working. (His evidently is).  He then told me I can phone but it's a long wait. I told him several times that the call was terminated and I received an SMS telling me to go to MyAccount. Despite me telling him about the SMS & that MyAccount is not working, he argued with me on both counts and kept referring me back to those options! My husband has left a message on the Telstra Facebook page - hopefully that way we can get a message through.  I have given several lots of feedback (at Telstra's request), but don't hold out any hope that a human will read them. (This has been going on since last week).  I will NOT pay for that automatic upgrade to my plan which I did NOT request .. my next option is to use the Complaints form online. (I read somewhere that their WebMail doesn't work either right now and of course there is no facility to email them, or to respond to their email to me).  After that, I guess it's more hours of my valuable time, chasing up the complaint with the TIO!  If I've missed something here please let me know!  I am at my wits end and trying hard not to lose it!  No wonder they have so many "customers from hell!!" - I'm soooo trying to NOT be one of them!

Highlighted

No. There is no link in the message that you are sent. That is correct. You need to organise the Plan change through a consultant (the XS plan can't be selected online by anyone).

As long as you have put through the request in writing (preferably by the My Telstra app as it is saved), then if you can't get it sorted by the time it automatically comes into place, then you will have evidence that you tried to get changed to the XS plan in time and costs should be reimbursed.

If they don't get back to you by the end of the week, lodge a complaint using https://telstra.com/complaints as that will also act as a record that you tried (plus, you need to lodge it before you go to the TIO).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Finally I was able to communicate with Telstra and they did fix my issue: I had been unable to log into the app (tried both iphone and android) but I eventually tried using another account to log in rather than the account attached to the service I had an issue with, and voila, I was able to raise my issue using the "help" page on the app, quoting all relevant account information so that they knew which service to fix.

With the exception of the web form I linked above, there seems no way to contact Telstra but by using the app, and perhaps facebook (did not try), which is a very sad state of affairs for those of us who don't go in for such things.

Edited to add: So perhaps, if your problem contacting them is because the app won't let you log in then maybe you have another account you could try logging into the app with or perhaps you could start a new telstra ID to try logging in with to access the "help".

I don't know if that would work, just saying that logging into the app with a different account that I had access to worked for me.

Highlighted

I am a business customer and have several phones lines etc and I couldn't believe that they now expect you to type all day with some text app. This is totally unacceptable and we should not accept this.

I expect this for a cheap mobile sim from a corner store not Telstra.

When I talked to this app and asked them to phone me they say they dont have a phone line haha and when I kept on asking them they just ignored me.

Great Telstra. No service, No people, nothing.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit